Monday, October 31, 2016

Mail Order Fright

It’s beginning to look a lot like Halloween! Ghouls & goblins have come a-haunting and the crunch of recently fallen leaves marks your every step. Pathways glow from the flicker of twinkling jack-o-lanterns. Best of all, those growls, screeches & screams you hear won’t be my kids fighting over the remote. That alone makes it the most wondrous time of year.
It’s no secret when it comes to holidays, I’m partial to ones that don’t leave me fat, broke or wondering how I can be trusted to raise children when I can’t keep flowers alive. (I’m looking at you Thanksgiving, Christmas & Valentine’s Day.)
There’s something about Halloween in particular that puts an extra pep in my step. The whimsy and magic of the night. The fantasy and suspense of what may be that keeps little eyes bright. We take Halloween seriously in our house and pull out all the (PG-rated) stops where we can. It’s part of what makes our celebration uniquely us. And over the past few years, we’ve done our best to spread that celebration. Our friends & family love when Halloween rolls around because they know it means the arrival of the annual Brown family holiday card.

Read more on this over at Atlanta.CityMomsBlog.com!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Playground rules apply: Speak the way you'd like to be spoken to and if you don't play nice, I'm kicking you off my monkey bars.