Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Dick in the Backseat

This is what happens when I try to connect with my kids while picking them up from school: 

Me: Hey, bud, what did you do at school today?
R: We talked about the letter D!
Ashton: Did you write it? 
R: Yep!
Me: And did you color pictures of 'D' things?
R: We did. There's lots of words that start with 'D.' 
Me: I bet. There's 'dog.'
Ashton: And 'dinosaur.'
R: Yep, and 'dick!'
Me: *slowing car* What's that, now?
R: Dick starts with the letter D.
Me: Um...it does.  It is a...um...a D word. You guys colored dick?
R: No. You can't color dick.
Me: Well...no...um...*pause* What is 'dick' buddy?
R: It's when you take a shovel and get all the dirt up.
Me: Dig! Are you saying 'dig'?!
R: Yeah. 
Me: Oh, thank you lord. Mommy's too tired for anything else today. You're still my sweet, sweet little boy. 
Ashton: Mommy, you're funny. 

#NoDickForMommy



No comments:

Post a Comment

Playground rules apply: Speak the way you'd like to be spoken to and if you don't play nice, I'm kicking you off my monkey bars.