Monday, September 10, 2018

Ashton Explains It All: Sep 18

In the middle of doing the 8 year old’s hair:
Ashton: Do you know the F word?
Me: Depends what F word you mean.
A: *stage whisper* The bad word, fuck 😳
Me: I’m familiar. You know you’re not supposed to say that, right?
A: I know, I know...but what does it mean?
Me: If you heard someone say it, you must know what it means.
A: No, I don’t think [kid on the bus] said it right.
Me: It’s a feeling word. Some people say it when they’re excited. Some people say it when they’re mad. But seriously, if you say it around other people you’re gonna get in big trouble. And if you say it here, I’m gonna be really mad at you too. There are other words to use for those emotions.
A: Oh, yeah, I know. I was just curious.
Me: Un huh.
A: *walking away* If I ever could say it though, I’d use it in the excited way. I think that’s the cooler way.
Me: Ashton 😐
Ashton: But, I’m not, I’m not 😳

No comments:

Post a Comment

Playground rules apply: Speak the way you'd like to be spoken to and if you don't play nice, I'm kicking you off my monkey bars.