Monday, June 18, 2018

A Very Mommy Father's Day

“What are you going to wear on our date?”
He asked that no less than 5 times on Saturday. He knew that daddy would be the taking the girls to a Father’s Day dance at the church because I’d explained that would leave him hanging with me. I expected him to be disappointed or feel left out but he was characteristically upbeat about it. 

“That means me & you go on a date!” A date that I would’ve been happy to spend on the couch, cuddled up and watching a movie. But no, he wanted to get dressed (“like fancy, mommy”) and go out on the town, so I obliged.
I have no idea what I did to deserve the way this boy loves me. But I’m so thankful he’s always in my corner, lifting me up and thinking I’m the best thing ever even when I feel the exact opposite. I’m grateful for the way he whispers “c’mon birthday twin” when he nuzzles against me for yet another kiss or hug while I’m trying to cook dinner or do laundry always distracted it seems. So I try to always take lots of pictures, that way later on when I’m not so focused on the chores that were left undone or the arguments I had to break up on the ways I failed the day’s challenges, I can always look back with a sigh and remember everything was alright because this kid in particular was able to put a smile on my face.
So yes, all in all, I think my husband had a really great Father’s Day weekend, but I’m more elated that it allowed me the chance for some much needed one on one time with the other special guy in my life - my very own lucky charm.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Playground rules apply: Speak the way you'd like to be spoken to and if you don't play nice, I'm kicking you off my monkey bars.